Thursday, July 29, 2010

"I'm taking this home and doing it"

Checkout the cupcakes we entered for Ogilvy's inaugural cupcake contest. Among the fourteen cupcakes entered were The burning sensation, a jalapeno cupcake with mango cream cheese frosting, The urban lumberjack, a breakfast cupcake with bacon, french toast and maple syrup, and Sweet and salty, a triple caramel threat garnished with a salted caramel halo.

My friends and I baked Sweet, summer s'mores: a chocolate cupcake filled with marshmallow buttercream, topped with chocolate buttercream frosting and sprinkled with graham cracker crumbs. The funny thing is I don't like marshmallows, graham crackers or hershey's milk chocolate individually, but all together this cupcake transported me to summer camp bliss.

Sandra Lee from the Food Network announced the winners today. I'm proud to say our cupcake won an honorable mention, but the best part was Sandra's colorful commentary afterwards when we met her. Sandra Lee on our s'mores cupcake "Oh my god, when I bit into it, I was like I'm taking this home and doing it".

0 comments:

Post a Comment